Our Commitment to Privacy
At Ling Kwang Home for Senior Citizens (LKH), we take your privacy seriously.
When dealing with your personal information/data, we observe our obligations under the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA), as well as other relevant legislations.
This Policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information/data.
Generally, we collect personal data in the following ways:
- When you submit any Forms, including but not limited to Application and Declaration Forms;
- When you enter into any agreement or provide any documentation or information in respect of your interactions with us, or when you use our services, or make a donation
- When you interact with our staff, representatives and agents, for example, via telephone calls, letters, fax, email or face-to-face meetings.
Types of Information We Collect
Types of personal information we collect include:
- contact details (name, address, telephone numbers etc);
- letter and email details;
- donation history; and
- credit card and/or bank account details.
Types of sensitive information we collect include records of communication between us, which may from time to time, include information you provide us or we collect from others and not limited to, the following types of information:
- NRIC / FIN number;
- personal financial information;
- personal credit card data;
- any idiosyncratic or personal information we obtain from you or others about you; and
- photographs taken at events or posted on Facebook.
- images are captured by us via CCTV cameras while you are within our premises
Please note the following:
- If you provide to us with Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your dependent, spouse, children and /or parents) to us, you represent and warrant that the consent of the third party has been obtained for collection, use and disclosure of the Personal Data for the purposes listed above.
- You should ensure that all Personal Data (whether that of your own or of a third party) submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you (or such third party) with products and services you (or such third party) have requested.
- You should update us in a timely manner of all changes to the information provided to us.
We may also use your information for the following purposes:
- for the immediate reason for which you have provided it to us (for example, to enable us to process your request, payment, registration, etc);
- to maintain contact with you and to report to you about our work, or to encourage you to learn about what we do; and
- any other purpose directly related to our work and for which you have provided consent (where it is reasonably required by law).
Use of Personal Data
We use the information that you provide for the purposes for which it was originally collected, for example, to respond to your queries or to provide you with information on our Home and programs. We may also use this information to better understand your concerns and interests to help us improve and to contact you in the future to tell you more about our Home and our programs.
The information that we collect about you, including your personal data, will not be sold, rented, lent, exchanged or used by another individual or entity unless otherwise indicated or required legally to be disclosed to third parties.
You further consent to the disclosure of your personal data to relevant third parties, e.g. government departments like Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore for submission of tax deductible donation, the Agency for Integrated Care, or the Ministry Of Health.
How We Use Your Information
We only use your personal and sensitive information for the reason/s we collected it as set out above and for the purpose(s) for which it was collected, or as otherwise permitted/required by law.
We will not disclose the information that we collect to affiliates or third parties without your consent unless required by law.
LKH will take reasonable steps to protect your personal data against un-authorised disclosure.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can access your information by request in writing. Occasionally, we may need to refuse your request to access information, for example, where granting you access would infringe someone else’s privacy.
When you request access, we will ask you to provide some form of identification so that we can ensure that you are the person to whom the information relates.
Disclosure in Special Circumstances
We may disclose your information in special circumstances. These include situations when the disclosure is necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of the Home, our residents, our staff, or any other relevant person, or where otherwise required by law. For instance, we may be compelled to provide your personal data in response to an order of court or a search warrant or other legally valid order issued by a government agency.
Securing Your Information
We take reasonable steps to ensure the security of personal and sensitive information in our possession and to protect it against loss, misuse or unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure.
Our IT systems are protected and comply with applicable security standards.
Only authorised personnel are permitted to access these details.
It is your right to be dealt with anonymously, provided that it is lawful and practicable.
We will try to accommodate a request for anonymity wherever possible. However, please note that in some circumstances, this may prevent us from practically and effectively communicating with you.
If this is the case we will notify you.
Data Protection Officer
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer to assist us in complying with the Personal Data Protection Act.
Should you have any queries regarding your personal data, please email email@example.com and we aim to reply within five working days.
We will retain personal data in accordance with regulatory and operational obligations.
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
LKH reserves the right to amend, add, delete and/or substitute this Privacy Statement at any time and will place notice of any such amendments on our website or via other suitable methods.